Thursday, June 21, 2012

June is my favorite month

me on a birthday morning
around age 10.
I loved American Girl
for way too long,
June is my favorite month! It brings back memories of the last days of school and the anticipation of summer. My birthday is at the end of the month and yes, I still get excited for it. Birthdays have always been a big deal in my family and I plan on carrying on the tradition. My parents were the kind that didn't give us presents or things during the year, but they always made birthdays and Christmas very special for us. We'd get breakfast in bed (for me it was usually a doughnut, my fave) and the whole family would sing to you in their pajamas, followed by presents and then fun plans for the day. I didn't have a big party every year, sometimes it was just a family dinner and dessert, but it was always a day where you were important and felt special and extra loved. I completely plan on carrying on very similar traditions. I  like the focus on fun meals (like the privilege of eating in bed which was normally not allowed), a homemade dinner made up of your favorite things and the anticipation of presents I had waited half a year for.
Turning 26 you'd think I'd be over caring about my birthday but I really don't think I'll ever stop loving it. This year's plans include a dinner alone with David on the actual day, seeing Brave (which I have been planning on for a while. I love Disney movies!) and hopefully some kind of yummy birthday cake or ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. i'm with you...LOVE birthdays! I don't understand when people hate them?! You are going to have a birthday EVERY year and EVERY year you are going to get older...therefore...shouldn't you just enjoy it?! I am looking forward to when i turn 30 and so many people dread it! lol If I don't get to it on the actual day..hope you have a fabulous birthday!!

    ReplyDelete