Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

Beautiful BOY. That's right, we're having a boy. On a whim on Monday night we decided to try to find out what the sex of our baby was. I'm 16ish weeks (my doctor thinks I'm a little further along, or at least I'm measuring that way) and we heard about a place down by the beach that can determine what the baby is around this stage. Within about 2 minutes, the technician was telling us there was a reason we couldn't decide on any girl names...we were pregnant with a little boy. The funny thing is since the first ultrasound, whenever I looked at it, I thought it looked like a boy. Don't ask me why...it's not like you can really tell. I was still surprised, because most of my life I just assumed I'd have a girl first. Maybe I thought that way because that's how my family is; I'm the oldest.

We didn't care either way what the baby would be. We have 4 (and a half) amazing nieces that we adore. My friends have very cute little boys that I love. And I think it is the coolest thing in the world that we don't get to pick what the baby is...it's just this amazing surprise.
So I'm getting used to saying "he" and the thought of raising a boy child. David keeps coming to random realizations, and it's the cutest thing ever. Last night on the couch he realized, "Father and son! I get to take him camping!" So. Cute.
This is a really special time in our lives and I hope we never, ever forget it.
What I want to know from YOU is...did you have a boy first? or second? or at all? Was it hard to raise a boy? If you have both a girl and a boy, are they different? I am kind of nervous because it's foreign to me!

  
baby boy photo by me

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have not had a comment yet on this. I have a girl first and always thought my first would be a boy which is opposite of you because I am also the oldest but hated not having an older brother. I do love my little lady now and would not trade her for anything in the entire world. I do have to say, my little guy is only 8 months old but almost immediately I could tell that boys and girls are so very different. Different sounds, likes, relationship with them, just totally different. But equal. I love having a son. The bond between a mother and her son is so special. I see more of a bond with Kip and Brooke as little ones. I imagine it will switch at some point. They are both amazing! You will LOVE having a son. I sure have and it's only been 8 months. CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom told me you were pregnant when we came to visit! to happy for you! it's so awesome and i love every minute of being pregnant and after! It's funny that you always imagined yourself having a girl first...I always imagined having a boy first. so the fact that our first born is a girl, is super weird for me! And I love that we don't have a choice that it's who the Lord blesses us with! It makes it that much special to me because I feel Heavenly Father really takes part in who and when you should have a family. Anyway..congrats again! I'm so excited for you and David! It is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete