Saturday, August 4, 2018

Hi, we're the Fenns

We're nearing our 12 year anniversary and it's got me thinking about how different our lives look than they did 12 years ago. Only recently have I started to feel older, much more tired and kind of like time is spinning out of control. Everyone has told me that time keeps moving faster and faster as you get older. It really, really feels that way.
I loved having this blog to keep a record of us. I moved over to instagram a while ago and have loved using that as a kind of journal, but recently felt the need to document more in depth. With baby Gray I felt lost about sleep training (even though I've done it twice before!) and wanting more and more details on how I did it. I want to document what our family does with more than one photo. I also want to share recipes and things that I love! So here I am.

I just turned 32 and my goals this year include taking REALLY good care of my skin, especially my face. They also include consistently working toward becoming a very positive parent. I didn't know how important this was until I found an amazing instagram called @simplyonpurpose. I'll talk more about positive parenting in many a post in the future I'm sure. I also feel like I'm having a mid-mid-life crisis. Suddenly I feel like I want to decide on a career. And although I do not plan on working full time probably until my kids are out of the house- I want something for me that helps me feel creative but is lets me still focus on my kids 99% of the time. Does this exist?! Who knows.


We bought a house last March and to say it was a fixer upper is putting it nicely. It was SO gross. Decades old carpet, no central a/c, popcorn ceilings, and not to mention that every wall was basically orange. Orange paint ya'll. But we saw the potential. It was built in 1956 and had a mid century ranch feel that we knew we could work with easily. It's been fun and amazing to update it- more on the house in a separate post.


David has been very busy with work and has brought on attorneys to help. I think he enjoys basically working for himself. I'm proud of the time and effort he puts into the business to support our family. He got a truck recently and is already planning off roading trips for our family. We'll see if he gets me out there :)

Jude is turning 6 in a month and he's still an old soul. He is just about reading and super excited to start school again. He's also taking piano and did a few rounds of karate which he totally loved. He's a really helpful and loving older brother. He has a one track mind just like his dad and gets on kicks where he obsesses about something. Over the last year it's been Volkswagens, Mario and video games. He grows out of his clothes every 6 months. And he has a very special sense of style. He likes funky stuff like plaid, work boots, cool jackets.

Willa is our sour patch kid. Sour then sweet. Then sour again... For example, she loves Clementine (our dog) and wants to play with her so she will lock her in a room with her. Clem hates that. Willa loves baths, animals, and me. She has a good appetite and loves brussels sprouts. Also candy. She got her first filling a few months ago and did pretty well. She loves Gray and her cousin 'baby Lidah'. She keeps up with everything that Jude does and they get along pretty dang well for being siblings. She screams like a crazy lady about the tiniest thing and it fools us every time, ha. She's all drama. I've really struggled with teaching her and disciplining her, but some new skills I've learned have been great. Patience and acknowledging the good in her have changed everything.

Gray-Gray is the sunshine! He smiles at everyone and everything. He's just entered the clingy phase with me. I remember dreading it with my other kids but this time around I've really embraced every stage. It just goes way too dang fast. He is so squishy and sweet. He loves baths and will eat ANYTHING. He's never turned a thing down. Ever. Still nursing and won't really take a bottle. Still wakes up at least once a night. Had his first haircut.

So...I'm hoping to document our lives and have this blog have more purpose. Let me know what you'd like to see- Family, cooking, style...home updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment